Dental implants are one of the most effective and long-lasting solutions available for restoring missing or damaged teeth. Though dental implant surgery does come with inherent medical risks, these risks are often outweighed by the many benefits dental implants offer.
To learn more about how dental implants in Nashville can improve the appearance of your smile, contact the Center for Advanced Dentistry online or call us at (615) 383-6787 to schedule an appointment today.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many reasons why dental implants are often the first choice when it comes to restorative dentistry solutions. Dental implants can provide:
- A more natural look – Dental implants will not change the shape of your smile, rather they will simply restore it to its natural beauty.
- A more natural feel – Removable dentures can create challenges when speaking or discomfort when eating certain foods, but with dental implants, you can eat your favorite foods and speak easy without a worry.
- A more natural fit – While dentures can slip out of place, dental implants are fixed to your jawbone so you can eat, talk and function normally without any movement, shifting or clicking.
- A healthier approach – Unlike a tooth-supported bridge, dental implants will not wear or damage adjacent teeth over time. Instead, dental implants can help protect healthy teeth and prevent them from shifting while promoting jawbone health.
- A more permanent solution – Dental implants can last a lifetime when properly placed and cared for over time.
Still, for some patients, alternative restorative options or cosmetic dentistry treatments might be a better fit for your individual needs and aesthetic goals.
Dental Implant Surgery Risks
As with any type of surgical procedure, dental implant surgery does pose potential health risks. Though unlikely, risks may include:
- Infection (generally at the implant placement site)
- Failure of dental implant
- Injury or damage to nearby teeth or blood vessels
- Nerve damage to the teeth, lips, gums or chin area
- Sinus issues (due to a dental implant in the upper jaw protruding into a sinus cavity)
While these risks do exist, our experienced dentists take great care to ensure that you receive the best care possible to avoid any complications with your dental implant procedure. In addition to dental care, proper candidate selection for dental implants can significantly reduce your risks.
Because these are relatively rare risks, dental implants continue to grow in popularity as more and more people come to appreciate their benefits.
If you are considering dental implants in Nashville, please contact the Center for Advanced Dentistry online or call (615) 383-6787 to schedule an appointment today.